Why is the TAS form sent at the end of the week?

Question:

Please could you tell me why the TAS form is e-mailed to me at the end of the week that it is needed for? 

Why not at the beginning of the week or even the week before, it is needed for, so that I can keep an eye on what jobs etc I am doing?

Answer:

As a general rule the TAS emails are sent out each Monday for the very reason that people can use the diary aide attached to keep a track of their hours. The only exception to this would be if the member of staff responsible for generating the emails was on leave. In this scenario the emails would be sent out on the Friday before the period concerned.

The only other exception to this rule would have occurred over the Christmas period.

The TAS system is a fully automated system that works on a series of prompts and reminders. If you fail to respond to the initial request to fill out your TAS return you will receive an email to remind you to return it.

Failure to respond to this will result in another reminder being sent. Repeatedly failing to respond will result in business managers and deans being notified. I enjoyed an extended break over the Christmas period which meant that I was not able to send the emails on Monday 27 December or Monday 3 January.

To avoid people being sent reminders without having had sufficient time to return their forms, the emails sent out were staggered over other days. These have now been processed so we are back to the general rule of emails being generated on a Monday.