Could the University provide subsidised/free rail travel between Stoke and Stafford?

QUESTION:
Dear Executive

I am an academic member of staff living in Stoke and mainly working in Stafford, although my Faculty is based at Stoke. I do not drive to work – I used to get the X1 bus but now I get the shuttle, train or catch a lift with colleagues. I am also keen to promote collaborations between staff and students between campuses.

Would it solve several issues at once if the university were to provide subsidised/free rail travel between Stoke and Stafford and link the Stafford campus to the railway station with a free shuttle bus service?

This would simultaneously address car parking issues, facilitate inter-campus meetings, promote collaborative working between staff and students, solve current difficulties with the shuttle bus service, link the Stafford campus to the rail network (which would benefit everybody) and make a definitive and strong statement of intent reinforcing the University’s green credentials.

Thank you.

ANSWER:
Thank you so much for making this suggestion. We are always grateful for ideas and will look into the feasibility of this with the various parties that would need to be involved.