The Low Carbon Business Evolution Programme (LCBEP) is part funded through the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 and is designed to help businesses across the Stoke-on-Tent and Staffordshire LEP area to reduce their carbon footprint and increase energy efficiency. The project provides:
- Specialist advice on energy efficiency, environmental management gap analysis and innovative low carbon new product and services reviews
- Subsidised 12 week internships, where the intern can support the implementation of recommendations made through the low carbon specialist advice
- Capital and revenue grants of £2,000 – £10,000
Staffordshire University is a lead partner in this programme, providing specialist innovation support to both beneficiaries and the project leads, Staffordshire County Council and sben. For specialist innovation advice please contact: email@example.com or call 0800 169 2148.
Our careers team are also managing the internship recruitment and placement process.
The eligibility criteria for LCBEP are:-
- Business is an SME – fewer than 250 employees
- Based in the Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent LEP area
- The business turnover does not exceed €50 million or has a balance sheet exceeding €43 million
Additional criteria may apply; the project experts will guide you through the process accordingly to the specific needs of the business.