Get an edge over competitors
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a leading European scheme designed to help all businesses improve their productivity, performance and competitive edge through the transfer of knowledge, technology and expertise.
The main objectives of a KTP are to:
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and technology
- Stimulate business and university collaborations
- Help businesses access university knowledge at a reasonable cost
- Contribute to the development of the local, regional and national economy
Why choose Staffordshire University?
- We’ve a proven track record for over 30 years
- We’ve worked with over 70 companies on over 100 KTPs
- We’ve secured £6 million of Government funding
- A KTP with us gives you access to a university expert once a week and gives you a qualified graduate to work in your business
- It’s a cost effective way to access a university team: you contribute 40% of the cost (£17,300) and the Government puts in 60%. (Based on an average 2-year KTP)
- It’s flexible, it can be anything from 6 months to 36 months
- You won’t want our graduates to leave – 97% are employed full-time at the end of the project
KTPs have a genuine, tangible impact on businesses, with the average project with us yielding an increase in annual pre-tax profits of £260K (based on an average SME contribution of £51K towards project costs).
As well as profit, a project generally sees the creation of two additional jobs (not including the recruited graduate) and the training of around 20 staff. It also helps you develop innovative solutions to problems and access experts who can help propel your business forward.
Business needing extra knowledge? – Our past KTP case studies
Speak to one of our specialist advisers to see how we can start helping your business. Call 0800 169 2148 or email email@example.com