Written by Karl McCormack, Course Leader in Accounting and Finance
We are proud to announce that the Staffordshire Business School’s suite of Accounting and Finance courses are in the top 5% of institutions for overall student satisfaction according to the recent National Student Survey results.
The suite of courses achieved 98% satisfaction in the overall quality of the courses, ranking 6th out of 107 institutions teaching Accounting and Finance. The two-year accelerated award achieved 100% overall satisfaction rating for the second year running.
The breakdown of key results for the suit of courses is as follows (all rankings are out of 107 institutions teaching Accounting and Finance):
- Staff are good at explaining things – 98%
- Staff have made the subject interesting – 90%
- The course is intellectually stimulating – 98% (3rd)
- I have received sufficient advice and guidance in relation to my course – 93% (3rd)
- I have been able to contact staff when I needed to – 93%
- I have been able to access course specific resources when I need to – 98%
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly – 93% (9th)
Karl McCormack, Course Leader for the Accounting and Finance degrees, said:
“It is really good to see that our accounting students are having such a great experience on their course and at the university. Our strong personal tutoring programme, staff enthusiasm and promotion of the Staffordshire Graduate attributes all play a crucial role in these results. It must not be forgotten though that the dedication of staff, both academic and support, shapes the overall experience.”
Dean of the Staffordshire Business School, June Dennis, added:
“These results are testament to the great work that our Accountancy and Finance team does in producing a fantastic student experience. To be in the top 10 in the UK is a real achievement.”
More information on our Accounting and Finance courses.
Thinking of joining us? Find out more about our courses in clearing