The Children’s Lab opened in Spring 2015. Previous research carried out by the lab leader, Dr. Sarah Rose, include:
- The effect of watching fast and slow paced television on 3- and 4-year-old’s behaviour and performance during a problem solving game and a test of their understanding of the television programme watched.
- Creative ideas: where do children (age 7-16) get their ideas of what to draw from?
- The development of children’s (age 5-16) expressive and representational drawing abilities in Steiner and National Curriculum schools.
- Evaluation of the ‘Walking Bus Scheme’ using child focus groups and children’s drawings.
- The attitudes and practices of children, their parents and their teachers about children’s drawings.
For more details please see the profile page of Dr. Sarah Rose.