Aims and purpose of the EPICC Network
The Enhancing Nurses’ and Midwives’ Competence in Providing Spiritual Care through Innovative Education and Compassionate Care (EPICC) Network exists to sustain, develop and advance the Erasmus+ KA2 Grant Agreement Number: 2016-1-UK01-KA203-024467 project that ended in August 2019. Anyone with an interest in Nursing and or Midwifery spiritual care education, research and practice is invited to join this newly formed international network in order to achieve the following aims:
- Engaging nursing and midwifery educators, practitioners, researchers and students in the EPICC network to share best practice, evidence and resources related to spiritual care.
- Providing a platform and forum where nursing and midwifery educators, practitioners, researchers and students can develop and acquire new knowledge/skills in the learning and teaching of spirituality and spiritual care.
- Integrating a compassionate and holistic approach within nursing and midwifery practice, education and research where the personal, religious and spiritual aspects of care are positively promoted.
- Capturing the various ways in which the outputs from the EPICC project, a) Spiritual Care Education Standard, b) The gold Standard Matrix for Spiritual Care Education and associated narrative, and c) The EPICC Adoption Toolkit, are being used internationally to inform policy, practice, education and research.
- Collaborating with other key stakeholders to ensure the EPICC network is responsive to changing global healthcare needs.
Joining the EPICC Network
There is no fee for joining and the expectation is that members will share their practice and experience in the field and contribute to the debates on spirituality and spiritual care while supporting the ongoing development of the network. If you are interested in joining the network please complete the membership application form and send it to Prof René van Leeuwen (email@example.com) who is currently chairing the EPICC Network. We are looking for expressions of interest to join the EPICC Network steering group so please check the box in the form if you are interested in becoming a member.
Download the Application to join the EPICC Network (DOCX file, 102 KB)