University of Malta (Valletta, Republic of Malta).
The purpose of Teaching and Learning Event 2 (TLE 2) is to review the testing and implementation of the EPICC draft Spiritual Care Education Standard. This follows the development of the Standard during TLE 1 (Zwolle, Netherlands) in October-November 2017.
- Review EPICC Participants’ experiences from using the Standard in their respective university / institution / organisation, and capture feedback from EPICC Participants+ (project stakeholders) regarding the Standard.
- Capture the cultural, spiritual and religious impact of the Standard, by identifying facilitators and inhibitors.
- Refine the Standard and further development of the Gold Standard Matrix for Spiritual Care Education, ahead of the final Multiplier Event (Cardiff, Wales) in July 2019.
Day 1: 24-09-18
- Dr. Josephine Attard: Welcome.
- Dr. Josephine Attard: Introducing the EPICC Project – The EPICC journey to date.
- Dr. Melanie Rogers: Spirituality special interest group responses.
- Dr. Beata Dobrowolska and Joanna Żołnierz: Education in the field of nursing spiritual care – The results of the international EPICC project.
- Dr. Joke Lemiengre: EPICC meetings, Malta – Reflections from Belgium.
- Dr. Christina Prinds: Evaluation of the draft Spiritual Care Education Standard in nursing and midwifery education in higher education institutions in Denmark.
- Prof. Wilfred McSherry and Dr. Adam Boughey: Implementation of the EPICC draft Spiritual Care Education Standard.
- Dr. Anto Čartolovni: Implementing Spiritual Care Education Standard at the Catholic University of Croatia (CUC).
- Prof. Tove Giske: Evaluation of the draft Spiritual Care Education Standard.
- Dr. Joanne Pike: Auditing the presence of the concept of spirituality within a pre-registration nursing curriculum.
Day 2: 25-09-18
- Birthe Ørskov: Greetings from Denmark! Nursing education in DK.
- Prof. René van Leeuwen: Draft Spiritual Care Education Standard: The Dutch Perspective.
- Dr. Piret Paal: The German / Austrian Experience.
- Prof. Julie Jomeen: Mapping of the EPICC draft Spiritual Care Education Standards.
- Dr. Fiona Timmins and Jacqueline Whelan: EPICC: Implementation of (draft) Spiritual Care Education Standard.
Day 3: 26-09-18
- Dr. Christina Prinds: Spiritual care in secular midwifery – The Danish case.
- Prof. Bart Cusveller and Aliza Damsma Bakker: The impact of spiritual care standards in nursing – Two examples from the Netherlands.
- Ian Stevenson: Participant+ and EPICC – A view from Wales.
- Tribute to the late Prof. Donia Baldacchino.