Do you want to make the most of your research and your career?
This workshop will introduce you to the Vitae Researcher Development Planner – an online tool, free to Staffordshire University research degree and professional doctorate students – through which to take control of your professional and career development.
The Vitae Researcher Development Framework (RDF) will help you to:
- explore all the aspects of being a researcher
- identify your strengths
- prioritise areas for professional development
- write a plan, then monitor progress and success
- have productive discussions with others, e.g. your supervisor, PI, careers advisor or other professional development provider
- look for formal and informal development opportunities
- prepare for one-to-one progress reviews, appraisals or career development conversations with your research manager or mentor.
When you are looking at future career options and goals, the RDF helps you to:
- consider the capabilities and experiences that will enhance your career prospects
- assess opportunities provided by your institution and look for development opportunities outside your research
- highlight, articulate and provide evidence of the transferability of your capabilities and expertise in your CV, in job applications and at interviews.
To book your place please email email@example.com