Other Places to connect with me

I’ve talked before about Facebook groups for research I find super useful (There’s a PHD Parents one and #WIASN) – I’ve asked a lot of question and had some amazing help and support on them – and just for once a question came up  that I could actual help with.

And I do – and this is how I use it:

I love trello boards – I’ve been using them for year to manage big projects (music videos) , home projects (our kitchen) and academic projects – and currently I’m using it to manage my phd:

Here’s the board – individual cards are either things I’ve seen that have been posted online / things I need to look at / Things I need to do or update or check later

And as I do things I move them to done – so I have a track of that.

Other things I love:

• You can e-mail directly to your trello board – in my case these e-mail go straight to ‘Other Stuff’
  • You can set deadlines – that feed into my Google Calander
  • I’ve connected up this trello board to my Google Drive so it can easily access files on there and shows previews (but other cloud services are available
  • Trello works really well on my phone too (via the app) – which means I can add thoughts, on the fly and access them in a more dedicated space when I have time to look at them
  • I have a Google Chrome add on that snips websites to Trello too

I’ve tried a few other things to keep tabs on things (Google Keep which I use for everything else) and Evernote I don’t use as much since I moved to Keep but I’ve not found anything as comprehensive as Trello for keeping tabs on everything – and seeing where I’m at.