- Aldridge, G, & Rose, S. (in press). Young children’s interpretation of dog’s emotions and their intentions to approach happy, angry and frightened dogs. Anthrozoös.
- Bhogal, M. S., Galbraith, N., & Manktelow, K. (in press). A Research Note on the Influence of Relationship Length and Sex on Preferences for Altruistic and Cooperative Mates. Psychological Reports.
- Calvert, S., Dempsey, R. C., & Povey, R. (in press). Delivering in-school interventions to improve dietary behaviours amongst 11- to 16-year-olds: A systematic review. Obesity Reviews.
- Clancy, L., Povey, R., & Rodham, K. (in press). Living in a foreign country: Experiences of staff-patient communication in in-patient stroke settings for people with post stroke aphasia and those supporting them. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- Deans, H., & Bhogal, M. S. (in press). Perpetrating Cyber Dating Abuse: A Brief Report on the Role of Aggression, Romantic Jealousy and Gender. Current Psychology.
- Dugdale, S., Semper, H., Povey, R., Elison-Davies, S., Davies, G., & Ward, J. (in press). Offenders’ perceptions of the UK prison smoking ban. International Journal of Prisoner Health.
- Hughes, M., Burton, A. E., & Dempsey, R. C. (in press). “I am free in my wheelchair but pain does have a say in it though”: The meaning and experience of quality of life when living with paraplegia and chronic pain. Journal of Health Psychology.
- Jolley, D., Douglas, K., Leite, A. C., & Schrader, T. (in press). Belief in conspiracy theories and intentions to engage in everyday crime. British Journal of Social Psychology.
- Krähenbühl, S. (in press). Mock jurors’ perceptions of a child witness: The impact of the presence and/or intervention of a Registered Intermediary during cross-examination. Psychology, Crime and Law.
- Krähenbühl, S., & Dent, H. (in press). The Views of Ex-Police Officers on Child Abuse Case Attrition in the United Kingdom. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Lavallee, J., Grogan S., & Austin, C. A. (in press). Cancer patients’ family members’ experiences of the information and support provided by healthcare professionals. Health Education Journal.
- Morris, P., & Scott, H. (in press). Not just a run in the park: A qualitative exploration of parkrun and mental health. Advances in Mental Health.
- Ormsby, H., Owen, A. L., & Bhogal, M. S. (in press). A brief report on the associations amongst social media use, gender, and body esteem in a UK student sample. Current Psychology.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P., & Stafford, T. (in press). Co-occurrence of ASD and ADHD traits in the general population. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- Ryan-Vig, S., Gavin, J., & Rodham, K. (in press). The presentation of self-harm recovery: A thematic analysis of YouTube videos. Deviant Behavior.
- Simpson, A., Al Ruwaili, R., Jolley, R., Leonard, H., Geeraert, N., & Riggs, K. J. (in press). Fine Motor Control Underlies the Association Between Response Inhibition and Drawing Skill in Early Development. Child Development.
- Bhogal, M. S., & Howman, J. (2019). Mate Value Discrepancy and Attachment Anxiety Predict the Perpetration of Digital Dating Abuse. Evolutionary Psychological Science, 5(1), 113-120.
- Gidlow, C. J., Ellis, N., Cowap, L., Riley, V., Crone, D., Cottrell, E., Grogan, S., Chambers, R., & Clark-Carter, D. (2019). A qualitative study of cardiovascular disease risk communication in NHS Health Check using different risk calculators: protocol for the RIsk COmmunication in NHS Health Check (RICO) study. BMC Family Practice, 20:11, doi.org/10.1186/s12875-018-0897-0
- Vas, S., Povey, R., & Clark-Carter, D. (2019). ‘I would describe myself as a deformed troll’: Using interpretative phenomenological analysis to explore body image struggles among palliative care patients. Palliative Medicine, 33(2), 232-240.
- Ali, N., Ahmed, L., & Rose, S. (2018). Identifying predictors of students’ perception of and engagement with assessment feedback. Active Learning in Higher Education, 19(3), 239-251.
- Braithwaite, E. C., Hill, J., Pickles, A., Glover, V., O’Donnell, K., & Sharp, H. (2018). Associations between maternal prenatal cortisol and fetal growth are specific to infant sex: findings from the Wirral Child Health and Development Study. Journal of Developmental Origins of Health and Disease, 9(4), 425-431.
- Burton, A. E., Clancy, L., & Cowap, L. (2018). Exploring the facilitators and barriers to physical activity in older people with sight loss. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 26(1), 25-33.
- Dempsey, R. C., McAlaney, J., & Bewick, B. M. (2018). A critical appraisal of the Social Norms Approach as an interventional strategy for health-related behaviour and attitude change. Frontiers in Psychology, 9:2180, 10.3389/fpsyg.2018.02180
- Field, L. H., Edwards, S. D., Edwards, D. J., & Dean, S. E. (2018). Influence of HeartMath Training Programme on Physiological and Psychological Variables. Global Journal of Health Science, 10(2), 126-133.
- Flurey, C. A., Hewlett, S., Rodham, K., White, A., Noddings, R. & Kirwan, J. (2018). Coping strategies, psychological impact and support preferences of men with rheumatoid arthritis: a multicentre survey. Arthritis Care & Research, 70(6), 851-860.
- Flurey, C. A., White, A., Rodham, K., Kirwan, J., Noddings, R. & Hewlett, S. (2018). “Everyone assumes a man to be quite strong”: Men, masculinity and rheumatoid arthritis: A case-study approach. Sociology of Health and Illness, 40(1), 115-129.
- Gidlow, C., van Kempen, E., Triguero, M., Kruize, H., Gražulevičienė, R., Hurst, G., Masterson, D., Cirach, M., van den Berg, M., Smart, W., Dėdelė, A., Maas., J., & Nieuwenhuijsen, M. J. (2018). Development of the Natural Environment Scoring Tool (NEST). Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 29, 322-333.
- Graham, R., Owens, M., Priest, H., & Hutton, S. (2018). Constructions of decision making for risk-reducing mastectomy. Qualitative Health Research, 28(10), 1595-1609.
- Jolley, D., Douglas, K. M., & Sutton, R. M. (2018). Blaming a few bad apples to save a threatened barrel: The system-justifying function of conspiracy theories. Political Psychology, 39(2), 465-478.
- Jordan, A.L., Smith, P. & Rodham, K. (2018). Bittersweet: A qualitative exploration of mothers’ experiences of raising a single surviving twin. Psychology, Health, & Medicine, 23(8), 891-898.
- Keys, E., & Bhogal, M. S. (2018). Mean girls: Provocative Clothing Leads to intra-sexual Competition between females. Current Psychology, 37(3), 543-551.
- Knott, L. M., Howe, M. L., Toffalini, E., Shah, D., & Humphreys, L. (2018). The role of attention in immediate emotional false memory enhancement. Emotion, 18(8), 1063-1077.
- Lea, E., Heyes, J., & Priest, H. (2018). Exploring the narratives of women who identify with the term ‘Postnatal Depression’. Journal of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health, 33 (1), 3-26.
- Lehne, G., Zeeb, H., Pischke, C. R., Mikolajczyk, R., Bewick, B. M., McAlaney, J., Dempsey, R. C., Van Hal, G., Stock, C., Akvardar, Y., Kalina, O., Orosova, O., Aguinaga-Ontoso, I., Guillen-Grima, F., & Helmer, S. M. (2018). Personal and perceived peer use and attitudes towards use of non-prescribed prescription sedatives and sleeping pills among university students in seven European countries. Addictive Behaviors, 87, 17-23.
- Murray, J., Scott, H., Connolly, C., & Wells, A. (2018). The Attention Training Technique improves Children’s ability to delay gratification: A controlled comparison with progressive relaxation. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 104, 1-6.
- Navarro, K., Wainwright, E., Rodham, K., & Jordan, A. (2018). Parenting Young People with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: An Analysis of the Process of Parental Online Communication. Pain Reports, 3(1), e681.
- Neech, S. B., Scott, H., Priest, H. M., Bradley, E. J., & Tweed, A. E. (2018). Experiences of User Involvement in Mental Health Settings: User Motivations and Benefits. Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 25(5-6), 327-337.
- Owen, A.L., Clark-Carter, D., Grogan, S., & Buckley, E. (2018). The impact of an appearance focused facial-ageing intervention on adolescents’ attitudes towards sun protection. British Journal of School Nursing, 13, 436-444.
- Owen, A., & Griffiths, E. (2018). Body image: An exploration of a group of Girlguides’ thoughts and feelings about their appearance. British Journal of School Nursing, 13(6), 282-287.
- Owen, R., Dempsey, R., Jones, S., & Gooding, P. (2018). Defeat and Entrapment in Bipolar Disorder: Exploring the relationship with suicidal ideation from a psychological theoretical perspective. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, 48(1), 116-128.
- Panagiotidi, M., & Overton, P. (2018). The relationship between internet addiction, attention deficit hyperactivity symptoms and online activities in adults. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 87, 7-11.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P.G., Stafford, T. (2018). The relationship between ADHD traits and sensory sensitivity in the general population. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 80, 179-185.
- Persson, S., Benn, Y., Dhingra, K., Clark-Carter, D., Owen, A. L., & Grogan, S. (2018). Appearance-based interventions to reduce UV exposure: A systematic review. British Journal of Health Psychology, 23(2), 334-351.
- Romeo-Velilla, M., Ellis, N., Hurst, G., Grogan, S., & Gidlow C. (2018). A qualitative study of disengagement in disadvantaged areas of the UK: ‘You come through your door and you lock that door’. Health & Place, 52, 62-69.
- Stott, A., & Priest, H. (2018). Narratives of recovery in people with coexisting mental health and alcohol misuse difficulties. Advances in Dual Diagnosis, 11(1), 16-29.
- Taylor, J., Lamont, A., & Murray, M. (2018). Talking about sunbed tanning in online discussion forums: Assertions and arguments. Psychology & Health, 33(4), 518-536.
- Bhogal, M. S., Galbraith, N., & Manktelow, K. (2018). The challenges of exploring the relationship between physical attractiveness and altruism using economic games.SAGE Research Methods Cases for Psychology (Part 2), http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781526436214
- Clark-Carter, D. (2018). Quantitative Psychological Research: The Complete Student’s Companion (4th Edition). Hove: Routledge.
- Rodham, K. (2018). Health Psychology (2nd Edition). London: Red Globe Press.
- Rodham, K., Gavin, J., Coulson, N., & Watts, L. (2018). Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining: How To Cope When Your Research Does Not Go To Plan. SAGE Research Methods Cases. 10.4135/9781526439604