Applied Developmental, Social & Cognitive Psychology – Peer Reviewed Journal Articles & Book Sections (Since 2014)
- Ali, N., Ahmed, L., & Rose, S. (in press). Identifying predictors of students’ perception of and engagement with assessment feedback. Active Learning in Higher Education.
- Deans, H., & Bhogal, M. S. (in press). Perpetrating Cyber Dating Abuse: A Brief Report on the Role of Aggression, Romantic Jealousy and Gender. Current Psychology.
- Keys, E., & Bhogal, M. S. (in press). Mean girls: Provocative Clothing Leads to intra-sexual Competition between females. Current Psychology.
- Knott, L. M., Howe, M. L., Toffalini, E., Shah, D., & Humphreys, L. (in press). The role of attention in immediate emotional false memory enhancement. Emotion.
- Krähenbühl, S., & Dent, H. (in press). The Views of Ex-Police Officers on Child Abuse Case Attrition in the United Kingdom. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P., & Stafford, T. (in press). Co-occurrence of ASD and ADHD traits in the general population. Journal of Attention Disorders.
- Simpson, A., Al Ruwaili, R., Jolley, R., Leonard, H., Geeraert, N., & Riggs, K. J. (in press), Fine Motor Control Underlies the Association Between Response Inhibition and Drawing Skill in Early Development. Child Development.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P.G., Stafford, T. (2018). The relationship between ADHD traits and sensory sensitivity in the general population. Comprehensive Psychiatry, 80, 179-185.
- Bhogal, M. S., Galbraith, N., & Manktelow, K. (2018). The challenges of exploring the relationship between physical attractiveness and altruism using economic games. SAGE Research Methods Cases for Psychology (Part 2), http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781526436214
- Bhogal, M. S., Galbraith, N., & Manktelow, K. (2017). Physical attractiveness, altruism and cooperation in an ultimatum game. Current Psychology, 36(3), 549-555.
- Forsythe, A., Street, N., & Helmy, M. (2017). Revisiting Rossion and Pourtois with new ratings for automated complexity, familiarity, beauty, and encounter. Behavior Research Methods, 49(4), 1484-1493.
- Guy, A., Lee, K., & Wolke, D. (2017). Differences in the early stages of social information processing for adolescents involved in bullying. Aggressive Behavior, 43(6), 578-587.
- Panagiotidi, M. (2017). Problematic Video Game Play and ADHD Traits in an Adult Population. Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, 20(5), 292-295.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P., & Stafford, T. (2017). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-like traits and distractibility in the visual periphery. Perception, 46(6), 665-678.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P., & Stafford, T. (2017). Increased microsaccade rate in individuals with ADHD traits. Journal Of Eye Movement Research, 10(1), 1-9.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P. G., Stafford, T. (2017). Multisensory integration and ADHD-like traits: Evidence for an abnormal temporal integration window in ADHD. Acta Psychologica, 181, 10-17.
- Wolke, D., Lee, K., & Guy, A. (2017). Cyberbullying: a storm in a teacup? European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 26(8), 899–908.
- Wood, A., Turner, M., Barker, J., & Higgins, S. (2017). Investigating the Effects of Irrational and Rational Self-Statements on Motor-Skill and Hazard Perception Performance. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology, 6(4), 384-400.
- Galbraith, N., Lucas, E., & Over, D. (Eds) (2017). The Thinking Mind: A Festschrift for Ken Manktelow. Oxon: Psychology Press.
- Goss, D. (2017). Working with Neuroscience and Neuropsychology, In C. Feltham, T. Hanley & L. A. Winter (Eds), The SAGE Handbook of Counselling and Psychotherapy (4th Edn, pp.562-566). SAGE Publications.
- Bhogal, M. S., & Corbett, S. (2016). The Influence of Aggressiveness on Rape Myth Acceptance among University Students. Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, 23(5), 709-715.
- Bhogal, M. S., Galbraith, N., & Manktelow, K. (2016). Physical Attractiveness and Altruism in two Modified Dictator Games. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 38(4), 212-222.
- Bhogal, M. S., Galbraith, N., & Manktelow, K. (2016). Sexual Selection and the Evolution of Altruism: Males Are More Altruistic Towards Attractive Females. Letters on Evolutionary Behavioral Science, 7(1), 10-13.
- Erik, E., & Bhogal, M. S. (2016). Do the dark triad and self-perceived mate value predict intention to mate poach? Letters on Evolutionary Behavioural Science, 7(2), 1-4.
Goss, D. (2016). Integrating neuroscience into counseling psychology: A systematic review of current literature. The Counseling Psychologist, 44(6), 895-920.
- Jolley, R. P., Barlow, C. M., Rotenberg, K. J., & Cox, M. V. (2016). Linear and U-shape Trends in the Development of Expressive Drawing from Pre-schoolers to Normative and Artistic adults. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 10(3), 309-324.
- Parekh, S. A., Boyle, E. M., Guy, A., Blaggan, S., Manktelow, B. N., Wolke, D., & Johnson, S. (2016). Correcting for prematurity affects developmental test scores in infants born late and moderately preterm. Early human development,94, 1-6.
- Rose, S. E., & Jolley, R. P. (2016). Drawing development in Mainstream and Waldorf Steiner schools revisited. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 10, 447-547
- Street, N., Forsythe, A., Reilly, R., Taylor, R., & Helmy, M. (2016). A Complex Story: Universal Preference vs. Individual Differences Shaping Aesthetic Response to Fractals Patterns. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 10:213. doi:10.3389/fnhum.2016.00213
- Ali, N., Rose, S., &. Ahmed, L. (2015). Undergraduate psychology students’ perception of and engagement with feedback across the three years of study. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 40(4), 574-586.
- Edelstyn, N. M. J., John, C. M., Shepherd, T. A., Drakeford, J. L., Clark-Carter, D., Ellis, S. J., & Mayes, A. R. (2015). Evidence of an amnesia-like cued-recall memory impairment in nondementing idiopathic Parkinson’s disease. Cortex, 71, 85–101.
- Guy, A., Seaton, S. E., Boyle, E. M., Draper, E. S., Field, D. J., Manktelow, B. N., … & Johnson, S. (2015). Infants born late/moderately preterm are at increased risk for a positive autism screen at 2 years of age. The Journal of pediatrics,166(2), 269-275.
- Hunt, T. E., Clark-Carter, D., & Sheffield, D. (2015). Exploring the Relationship Between Mathematics Anxiety and Performance: An Eye-Tracking Approach. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 29(2), 226–231.
- Krähenbühl, S. J., Blades, M., & Cherryman, J. (2015). A Qualitative Examination of “Ground Rules” Implementation Practice in Investigative Interviews with Children. Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, 22(6), 830-841.
- Spenser, K. A., Betts, L., & Das Gupta, M. (2015). Deficits in Theory of Mind, empathic understanding and moral reasoning: a comparison between young offenders and non-offenders. Psychology, Crime & Law, 21(7), 632-647.
- Blaggan, S., Guy, A., Boyle, E. M., Spata, E., Manktelow, B. N., Wolke, D., & Johnson, S. (2014). A parent questionnaire for developmental screening in infants born late and moderately preterm. Pediatrics, 134(1), e55-e62.
- Brechet C., & Jolley R. P. (2014). The Roles of Emotional Comprehension and Representational Drawing Skill in Children’s Expressive Drawing. Infant and Child Development, 23, 457–470.
- Dempsey, R. C., Gooding, P. A., & Jones, S. H. (2014). Assessing the specificity of autobiographical memory in individuals at a trait-based vulnerability to bipolar disorder using a sentence completion task. Memory, 22(3), 222-231.
- Edelstyn, N. M. J., Drakeford, J. L., & Ellis, S. J. (2014). Visual hallucinations in Parkinson’s disease: a hierarchy of impairments involving perception, source monitoring and reasoning. Austin Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioural Science, 1(6): 1031.
- Hallam, J., Lee, H., & Das Gupta, M. (2014). Collaborative cognition: Co-creating children’s artwork in an educational context. Theory & Psychology, 24(2), 166-185.