Applied Perception & Cognition – Peer Reviewed Journal Articles & Book Sections (Since 2014)
- Ali, N., Ahmed, L., & Rose, S. (in press). Identifying predictors of students’ perception of and engagement with assessment feedback. Active Learning in Higher Education.
- Wood, A., Turner, M., Barker, J., & Higgins, S. (in press). Investigating the Effects of Irrational and Rational Self-Statements on Motor-Skill and Hazard Perception Performance. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology.
- Forsythe, A., Street, N., & Helmy, M. (2017). Revisiting Rossion and Pourtois with new ratings for automated complexity, familiarity, beauty, and encounter. Behavior Research Methods, 49(4), 1484-1493.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P., & Stafford, T. (2017). Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder-like traits and distractibility in the visual periphery. Perception, 46(6), 665-678.
- Panagiotidi, M., Overton, P., & Stafford, T. (2017). Increased microsaccade rate in individuals with ADHD traits. Journal Of Eye Movement Research, 10(1)6, 1-9.
- Galbraith, N., Lucas, E., & Over, D. (Eds) (2017). The Thinking Mind: A Festschrift for Ken Manktelow. Oxon: Psychology Press.
- Goss, D. (2017). Working with Neuroscience and Neuropsychology, In C. Feltham, T. Hanley & L. A. Winter (Eds), The SAGE Handbook of Counselling and Psychotherapy (4th Edn). SAGE Publications.
Goss, D. (2016). Integrating neuroscience into counseling psychology: A systematic review of current literature. The Counseling Psychologist, 44(6), 895-920.
- Jolley, R. P., Barlow, C. M., Rotenberg, K. J., & Cox, M. V. (2016). Linear and U-shape Trends in the Development of Expressive Drawing from Pre-schoolers to Normative and Artistic adults. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 10(3), 309-324.
- Rose, S. E., & Jolley, R. P. (2016). Drawing development in Mainstream and Waldorf Steiner schools revisited. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts, 10, 447-547
- Street, N., Forsythe, A., Reilly, R., Taylor, R., & Helmy, M. (2016). A Complex Story: Universal Preference vs. Individual Differences Shaping Aesthetic Response to Fractals Patterns. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 10:213. doi:10.3389/fnhum.2016.00213
- Ali, N., Rose, S., &. Ahmed, L. (2015). Undergraduate psychology students’ perception of and engagement with feedback across the three years of study. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 40(4), 574-586.
- Edelstyn, N. M. J., John, C. M., Shepherd, T. A., Drakeford, J. L., Clark-Carter, D., Ellis, S. J., & Mayes, A. R. (2015). Evidence of an amnesia-like cued-recall memory impairment in nondementing idiopathic Parkinson’s disease. Cortex, 71, 85–101.
- Hunt, T. E., Clark-Carter, D., & Sheffield, D. (2015). Exploring the Relationship Between Mathematics Anxiety and Performance: An Eye-Tracking Approach. Applied Cognitive Psychology, 29(2), 226–231.
- Krähenbühl, S. J., Blades, M., & Cherryman, J. (2015). A Qualitative Examination of “Ground Rules” Implementation Practice in Investigative Interviews with Children. Psychiatry, Psychology and Law, 22(6), 830-841.
- Spenser, K. A., Betts, L., & Das Gupta, M. (2015). Deficits in Theory of Mind, empathic understanding and moral reasoning: a comparison between young offenders and non-offenders. Psychology, Crime & Law, 21(7), 632-647.
- Brechet C., & Jolley R. P. (2014). The Roles of Emotional Comprehension and Representational Drawing Skill in Children’s Expressive Drawing. Infant and Child Development, 23, 457–470.
- Dempsey, R. C., Gooding, P. A., & Jones, S. H. (2014). Assessing the specificity of autobiographical memory in individuals at a trait-based vulnerability to bipolar disorder using a sentence completion task. Memory, 22(3), 222-231.
- Edelstyn, N. M. J., Drakeford, J. L., & Ellis, S. J. (2014). Visual hallucinations in Parkinson’s disease: a hierarchy of impairments involving perception, source monitoring and reasoning. Austin Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioural Science, 1(6): 1031.
- Hallam, J., Lee, H., & Das Gupta, M. (2014). Collaborative cognition: Co-creating children’s artwork in an educational context. Theory & Psychology, 24(2), 166-185.