To ensure the highest standards of research integrity and conduct are maintained, we have developed a Statement on Research Integrity. This is in accordance with the principles set out in the Concordat to Support Research Integrity.
Staffordshire University Statement on Research Integrity
Staffordshire University expects high standards in the conduct of research undertaken by staff, students, visiting, honorary and emeritus titleholders, associates and consultants. The university will act in accordance with the principles set out in the Concordat to Support Research Integrity issued by Universities UK in July 2012. The Concordat defines what is expected of researchers and their employers to ensure the highest standards of research, namely:
- Maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
- Ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- Supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers.
- Using transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct.
- Working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly.
The principles set out in the Concordat inform the university’s policies on research integrity and ethics. These policies include:
Open Data and Open Access Mandate
- Staffordshire University Open Access Mandate (PDF, file size: 130KB)