Student mobility

To take part in the Erasmus+ programme you must be a student registered on a full time degree course at Staffordshire University. You must complete a minimum of 2 months’ work or 3 months’ study mobility. Study must count for credit towards your degree and work placements can either be credit bearing (compulsory) or non-credit bearing (voluntary).

Staff mobility

Any member of staff can take part in Erasmus, either by going on a teaching or training mobility.

Teaching mobility

Academic members of staff are able to travel to teach at institutions we have a signed bilateral agreement with. You would need to go for a minimum duration of 5 days of teaching and you are not allowed to exceed 6 weeks.

You are only able to go to institutions that your academic school has a bilateral agreement in place with.

Training mobility

Any member of staff can go on a training mobility so long as it fits the criteria set by the European Union. This is that the training enables you to acquire knowledge or specific know-how from experience and good practices abroad, as well as develop practical skills that are relevant for your current role or as part of your professional development.  So, examples would be job-shadowing, study visits or relevant training. They can include travel to institutions that hold a charter and that we have a bilateral agreement with, as well as enterprises.

talk to us

Call 01782 294966 or email

Search for Expertise