- Explore Stoke-on-Trent! – get to know your surroundings on and off campus.
- Go to the fresher’s fair! – not only will you get freebies but this will give you a chance to meet new people, socialise and join plenty of clubs and societies and possibly get a job within the university. *cough* Student Ambassador *cough*
- Stay Safe! – I don’t want to sound like your parents but honestly, please make sure you stay safe during Welcome Week especially when there’s alcohol involved, make sure you eat well before consuming it & keep an eye on your belongings.
- Budget! – seeing all that money in your account once the student loans drop can be quite tempting to splash out on, remember what and why you’ve got the loan for. You don’t want to be homeless or eating pot noodles everyday till the next term due to having no money.via GIPHY
- Make friends! – socialise as much as you can during Welcome Week, meet new people even if they’re not on your course, it’s great having a variety of friends. Don’t lock yourself in your room away from everyone.
LASTLY, HAVE FUN! MAKE THE MOST OUT OF WELCOME WEEK. #YOLO