The Election Results! – #TheYouthVote

Hello!

It’s finally over!

The grand ‘General Election’ that has left everybody in the UK on the edge of their seats has finally come to an end.

But let us finally take a breather and take a look at the results…

Don’t worry, I’m not going to get all ‘preachy’ or ‘political’. I am here to just congratulate every single person that voted in the election. Especially the young voters. Each and every one of you wanted to vote for a better future for your country.

You may have seen the infamous ‘72% of young voters’ statistic going around the internet after the election, while you may want to take that with a pinch of salt, it certainly is astounding to see how the youth of this country banded together to vote for their future.

When I was scrolling through my Twitter feed on Election Day, it was so wonderful to see news stories of students across the UK queuing outside their local polling stations, eager to make their vote count.According to the Telegraph last month, a total of 246,487 of 18-24 year olds registered to vote in the General Election. That is astounding. It is estimated that only 36% of 18-24 year olds voted in the EU Referendum last year, while the remaining 64% did not.

Young people are the future of not only our country but the world, and to see them connect with the politics of their country is fantastic. It is time the youth took control of the future of their countries and with politicians connecting with their youth, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a political revolution in the near future.

Peace.

Jaz
About Jaz 43 Articles
I’m Jaz! You’ve arrived at my blog about life through a 22-year old’s eyes. I’ve chosen Staffs to take the first steps for my career within the radio industry and hope it will lead me to being a sound designer and produce Radio Dramas/Documentaries for the BBC! I love drinking copious amounts of green tea and watching classic Doctor Who episodes. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because of the amount of banter! Students – listen up - get involved with as much as you can. University tends to flyby when you are having fun.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*