Thank You Staffs

It feels like yesterday that I moved to Stafford and embarked on the journey to become a midwife. I was nervous yet excited and didn’t know what university would bring. Little did 18 year-old me know that in three years time that she’d become a qualified professional and go on to do things she’d never expect to do…

First of all, I’ve made some of my best friends here at university. I either met them in halls, in lecturers, or in the student union. I even spent my 21st birthday with some of them in Paris, which was amazing. I may not have met any of them if I didn’t come to university, so I am so grateful for that.

My degree has really tested and taught me a lot. I had to work 37.5 hour weeks on placement, whilst also trying to revise for exams and write assignments. I sometimes couldn’t see my family and friends when I wanted to and there were many times where I wanted to quit. Through the support of my fellow student midwives, lecturers and mentors or placement, I managed to keep going and complete the course. These past three years I have acquired so many skills and knowledge which will form the foundation of my midwifery career. I have been lucky enough to play a part in women’s pregnancy and childbirth experience and I was able to make a difference.

University has also given me lots of extra-curricular opportunities. I have been able to be a Student Ambassador, a Digital Student Ambassador and represented Staffs on many occasions. These opportunities have helped my confidence to grow and I feel like I am able to share my experiences to help others.

My time at Staffordshire University has now come to a bittersweet end. Although I am excited to start in my new job as a qualified midwife, I will really miss the university life. I will particularly miss being a digital student ambassador, as I have really enjoyed sharing my experience as a student. I want to thank each and every one of you that read any blog post of mine. I hope you enjoyed reading about my thoughts and advice on student life.

Until next time,

Ann.

We’re now recruiting for our new team of Digital Student Ambassadors to blog, vlog and Snap their way through student life. Apply now: https://www.unitemps.com/Search/JobDetails/14910

Annrose
About Annrose 63 Articles
Hi! I'm a 3rd year Midwifery student, and in my spare time you'll usually find me reading, listening to music or buying things I don't need! When I graduate I'm looking forward to becoming a registered as a professional at 21, and making a difference. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because the university is friendly and has a real community feel.

Be the first to comment