Welcome! The TEL:Explorer pages are designed to support teachers when planning, designing and delivering learning with technology. Use this site to:
- Search for a tool or pedagogy using the search boxes on the right.
- Click the Pedagogy FIRST tools to the right to see suggested TEL tools for each approach
- Search by technology type using the Technologies tab above to see the types of technologies available.
- Find out more about each pedagogy via the Pedagogy FIRST tab above.
Each piece of hardware or software has summary information on what they are, how to use them, some suggested activities and how other people have used them
What tools are included in the TEL:Explorer?
These pages include the tools and technologies that we recommend and can support. We can advise on, but not support, the ‘recognized’ tools.
- Core are fully hosted and supported tools, for example, Blackboard, Office 365, SITS
- Supported online tools include Audacity, Qualtrics, Mendeley, BB Collaborate web-conferencing, MindGenius, Powerpoint, Sway and Turnitin
- Supported classroom technology includes Kapp Boards, Interactive Screens, Visualisers
- Recommended tools include Twitter, Socrative, Facebook, VoiceThread, Pinterest, Poll Everywhere and Padlet
- Recognized tools that we can advise on, but not support, include Google Cardboard, Nearpod, Polldaddy etc
Contact the TEL team email@example.com if you have any queries or would like to discuss your plans for using technology.