Competition for Computing-based High Growth Digital Start-ups
As part of Staffordshire University’s School of Computing Celebrating 50 Years of Computing Excellence, Dr Stuart Brown from Research, Business and Employability Services is launching a business start-up competition for Staffordshire University’s computing staff and students.
The start-up business should be centred on the creation of any interactive digital media, software or app. There must be a strong element of computing and technology.
The competition runs from Autumn 2015 and in order to support the activity, a series of workshops will be held to help business ideas to take shape.
For the winners:
- We will take up to 2 of the winning team to South by Southwest® (SXSW®) Conferences & Festivals in Texas, USA
- SXSW offer the unique convergence of original music, independent films, and emerging technologies. Fostering creative and professional growth alike, SXSW® is the premier destination for discovery.
- Flights, accommodation and entry to SXSW will be paid for by Staffordshire University
- Support to start a new UK company limited by shares. Staffordshire University will receive a 15% shareholder in the new company
- We will help to draft the legal agreements required such as shareholders’ agreements, and directors service agreements where applicable
- £10,000 initial funding into the winning company
- A mentor
You can register for the conference by clicking this Registration link.
The closing date for registering for the competition is Friday 30th November
Download the Competition Leaflet