Category Archives: #StaffsFringeTalent
Fantastic Fringe Finale 2015 – 20th June
The Fantastic Fringe Finale Community Day is packed with activities for people of all ages.
The Fringe Community Parade led by B Arts, starts by the Children’s play area in Hanley Park at 11.45am and will go down Boughey Rd to the Leek Rd site of Staffordshire University to arrive at about 12pm.
There will be lots to see and do on Leek Road. Activities will take place at Staffordshire University and Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College. This is the plan for the day so far……
Get creative in the “make it” zones:
Face painting and Henna art
- clay flower-making with Rita from the British Ceramic Biennial,
- hands on clay with Etruria Artists potters wheel
- Jasmine flower garlands (1 to 2pm)
Check out the “entertainment” zones:
- Live Final of #StaffsFringeTalent
- local business and craft markets
Family FILM show at 3pm – Big Hero 6
- Steel for Stoke
- Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College students
Have fun in the outdoor “action” zone:
- bouncy castles – one for young children, one for older children
- egg and spoon race
- tug of war
- sack race
Talk, listen and learn at the “Info” Zone:
- find out about the Community Plan for Shelton area and share your ideas
- learn about Etruria Industrial Museum history from volunteers in Victorian dress
- Give your views on the plans for Hanley Park
- NHS health information
- youth and adult education advice
- meet the University Quarter Community Action Network
- Look at the plans for Staffordshire University campus developments and have your questions answered.
- tours of the University’s student Show and Tell Art and Design show
- Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College student Art show
Grab an ice cream from the van!
Bring a picnic or a bit a money for refreshments.
If you have got any questions about access please phone or email.
Tel: 01782 294415
Email: factnews @staffs.ac.uk
Photos from Fantastic Fringe Finale in previous years give you an idea of what to expect!
Rob Gregory’s wonderful animation promotes Staffs Fringe Festival. It was created to meet the topic of his Sixth Form project. He directed the music too.
The mannequin is bland to start with and becomes colourful as he becomes more creative; but then the thought police come along…..
At under 60 seconds this video not only advertises Staffs Fringe Festival but also features as our first #StaffsFringeTalent entry.
If you would like to enter take a look at here to find out how.