Fantastic Fringe Finale on the 20th June will feature a market for University Quarter businesses, local artists and crafters.
The Fantastic Fringe Finale Community Day is packed with activities for people of all ages.
The Fringe Community Parade led by B Arts, starts by the Children’s play area in Hanley Park at 11.45am and will go down Boughey Rd to the Leek Rd site of Staffordshire University to arrive at about 12pm.
There will be lots to see and do on Leek Road. Activities will take place at Staffordshire University and Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College. This is the plan for the day so far……
Get creative in the “make it” zones:
Face painting and Henna art
- clay flower-making with Rita from the British Ceramic Biennial,
- hands on clay with Etruria Artists potters wheel
- Jasmine flower garlands (1 to 2pm)
Check out the “entertainment” zones:
- Live Final of #StaffsFringeTalent
- local business and craft markets
Family FILM show at 3pm – Big Hero 6
- Steel for Stoke
- Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College students
Have fun in the outdoor “action” zone:
- bouncy castles – one for young children, one for older children
- egg and spoon race
- tug of war
- sack race
Talk, listen and learn at the “Info” Zone:
- find out about the Community Plan for Shelton area and share your ideas
- learn about Etruria Industrial Museum history from volunteers in Victorian dress
- Give your views on the plans for Hanley Park
- NHS health information
- youth and adult education advice
- meet the University Quarter Community Action Network
- Look at the plans for Staffordshire University campus developments and have your questions answered.
- tours of the University’s student Show and Tell Art and Design show
- Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College student Art show
Grab an ice cream from the van!
Bring a picnic or a bit a money for refreshments.
If you have got any questions about access please phone or email.
Tel: 01782 294415
Email: factnews @staffs.ac.uk
Photos from Fantastic Fringe Finale in previous years give you an idea of what to expect!
We look forward to seeing you at the Fringe Festival Finale on Saturday 21st June – a day of free activities for all the family.
Activities on the University will run from 11.30am to 5.30pm.
Indoors there will be an Art and Craft Market, Indian dancing and drumming, cakes and Asian food, hula hooping, tombola, facepainting, hands-on-clay workshop, a dressing up photo booth on a Centenary theme, hair and beauty stall, Tai Chi, giant bubbles and marbling, a weaving demonstration and workshop and you can take part in a Forensic Crime Science activity.
Outside on College Rd site we will have a bouncy castle, a bar-b-q and Karvan – stories from around the world for children,
Then it all ends with a family film show at 4pm – Despicable Me 2 – with trailers of animations made by local children and families.
All the activities are free. Just bring a bit of cash for food and drink and the Market stalls.
Don’t miss it!
If you are a local creative and would like to sell your arts, crafts and other wares, you can book a stall at the Fringe Art and Craft Market on the 21st June.
It will be open during the Fantastic Fringe Finale alongside workshops and performances. It will open with a community carnival parade down College Rd from Hanley Park so we are hoping for lots of visitors!
Stalls are free for Staffordshire University students and staff, only £10 for people who are Staffordshire University Graduates/ previous students and a competitive £20 for local artisans and businesses.
You will need to book by the 19th June to secure a place. The market will be held in the Flaxman Film Theatre foyer or the Pavilion, depending on space. We will allocate spaces on the 20th June. Please return your booking form to Penny Vincent and pay your booking fee with the University finance cashiers.
Download the Frringe 2014 market stall Booking form here. It will give you full details ofthe market and how to book and pay.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Following the success of the UniQ market held during Fringe 2013 the Fantastic Fringe Festival Finale this year will feature an Art and Craft market.
It will be held on the College Rd site of Staffordshire University and will feature stalls selling handmade and designed arts and crafts from local residents, Staffordshire University students, staff and graduates.
If you would like a stall please download and complete the Fringe 2014 market stall Booking form here. Please return the form and your booking fee by the 19th June to confirm your booking.
- Event location: Hanley Park, College Rd and University campus
The Fantastic Fringe Finale is a day of activities for all ages including:
- a community parade with carnival arts, kites and drums
- creative workshops
- craft market
- a Psychogeography libary derive walk
- a tour of the Special Collections
- a family film show
Video: Fantastic Fringe Finale 2013