We are excited to have Jim from the BBC’s Great Pottery Thrown Down with us on Saturday 23rd April.
At 11am and 11:30am Jim will be giving a talk and pottery demonstration.
At 1pm we will have live music from Jim with his band Slim Jim and the Wildcards.
During the day you can take part in lots of FREE activities:
- have a campus tour starting from the Science Centre
- hear a University talk on a wide range of subjects – book in at the Science Centre
- view plans & find out more about developments on campus in the Science Centre
- grab a bite to eat or a drink in the Coalport Community Garden
- take part in Charity Sports competition and see activity demos in the Sir Stanley Matthews Sports Centre
10.30 – 12.30 take a Labyrinth Walk with Prof Bernard Moss in the Sir Stanley Matthews Sports Centre Sports
11-3 in the LRV
- have your face painted
- learn about the Big Read summer literacy programme
- find out how you can get involved in local community action with UniQ CAN
- share your ideas for My Stoke Community Archaeology in Stoke on Trent
12-3pm do a hands on Creative Clay workshop in the LRV
1-1.30pm relax with Midday Meditation at 1pm for half an hour led by Kitty Reim (over 18) Sir Stanley Matthews Sports Centre
Hear a lecture on “Literature on Your Doorstep – Stoke-in-Print with Dr Catherine Burgass in room B169 in the Brindley building
For more information contact email@example.com or call 01782 294345.