- Location: at the Art Stop Shop in Stoke town centre
Come and Sing is a friendly workshop for all ages!
- like to sing but people have said you are not good enough
- don’t feel confident to sing on your own
- used to sing but haven’t done it for years
- just love singing
- would like to learn some new songs
- fancy singing in a group
There is no audition – everyone is welcome – all ages. You don’t need to read music. It’s just for fun. We will sing simple songs in different languages, maybe some harmonies and rounds. We will have the chance to sing outside on the London Rd Festival site in Boothen Gardens, if we want to.
Go on – give it a go! You know you want to….
The workshop will be led by Fringe Festival coordinator Penny Vincent who has been in lots of choirs over the years. Penny has learnt from three excellent Natural Voice Choir leaders locally, including the wonderful Kate Barfield who runs Loud Mouth Women and Clay Chorus. Kate also plays and sings with the Boat Band who will be at the Beehive on Honeywall in Penkhull on Wednesday 4th June from 9pm.Guest singers, fiddlers, dancers, poets and tragedians and any other contributors welcome. .