Certificate in Money Advice Practice (CMAP)

• CertMAP delivered online through a partnership with Staffordshire university and the Institute of Money Advisors (IMA)
  • 150 hours of study over a 12 week period.
  • To pass CertMAP you need to score 70% in the end of course exam.
  • This is to ensure those that do pass have the expertise necessary for the role of a caseworker/specialist levels.
  • CertMAP is a Higher Education qualification at level 4 (first year degree equivalent.)
  • Students do benefit from tutor support provided by the university.

The entry requirements are:

• 1 year current full-time experience in a money advice role (or part-time equivalent) OR
  • 2 years previous full-time experience in money advice (or part-time equivalent) OR
  • Any other relevant experience that we will consider on a case by case basis

To study CertMAP, you MUST be a member of the IMA with membership fees paid up to date. Find out more about membership and benefits by clicking here: http://www.i-m-a.org.uk/membership/

Over 1,200 money advisers have obtained CertMAP, which is accredited by the Money Advice Service (MAS) to caseworker/specialist level. MAS is the principal funder in the free money advice sector and also accredits the services it funds. Recognition from MAS means that CertMAP plays a key role in assuring quality of advice across the sector. Many organisations state CertMAP is an essential or desirable qualification in job recruitment.

As the Award Leader, CertMAP, I wanted to blog information about this course. I also want to wish Cohort 23 the very best with their CertMAP on Saturday 29th April 2017.

Watch out for the latest blog / twitter from the IMA Conference on Monday 15th May 2017 in Bristol.

Good Luck Everyone

Maqsoodah Ashraf, Lecturer, Department of Social Work and Social Welfare Maqsoodah.Ashraf@staffs.ac.uk

This entry was posted in Uncategorised by ASHRAF Maqsoodah. Bookmark the permalink.

About ASHRAF Maqsoodah

I was employed by Lancashire County Council as a Qualified Social Worker for many years. I have worked with all service user groups and many health and social care organisations. I then worked towards a career change into teaching and worked in a Further Education College in partnership with a local University. As Programme Leader I managed the Access to H.E. Diploma Social Work and Education and the B.A. Social Work Degree. (Year 1). I came to Staffordshire University in March 2016, Lecturer Social Welfare. I have been Award Leader for CMAP since April 2016