Thank you Staffs for helping me achieve my lifelong ambition of becoming a paramedic.

I began my career in 2014 as a student paramedic within the ambulance service.

After 2 years I’d reached a stage where I was prepared for further development so in 2016 I started a Paramedic Science degree program at Staffordshire University. I hadn’t studied or been in a classroom environment since finishing college many years prior; however the lecturers were really supportive. They used their own personal experiences as Paramedics to assist us during the course, and helped us put our theory into practice whilst on placement.

There were a few skills that as a student it was difficult to fully experience on placement, however this wasn’t as issue and didn’t delay my development as there was plenty of opportunities to apply the skills in the well-equipped practical labs.

It wasn’t simple completing a degree, working and juggling a social life but it was made easier by the support of the lecturers at Staffs Uni. I made some lifelong friends during my time here; not to mention the encouragement and positive vibes given by the staff and my mentors on placement. They’ve helped me achieve my lifelong ambition of being a paramedic.

In this line of work every day is different and at times challenging, every day is a school day but I honestly believe I have the best job in the world”

Katie Hill, Graduate Paramedic