3 Exciting Summer Events

Many people ask what we do over the summer – since we must have a huge summer break like teachers. When I explain that uni doesn’t really shut down and we spend the summer writing stuff for September and marking referral work they look a little confused.

We do have a lot of re writing do to, since we’re rolling in the 30 credit versions of things and taking the opportunity to update / re write and make sure everything we teach is in tip top condition – we do this anyway I should point out, but to have a clean slate is a nice thing sometimes. We also have a new version of Blackboard to play / contend with, a faculty move around (Hi, I’m in Art & Design now – I have been all morning and I still can’t draw 😉 ) and the distance learning side of things to think about too.

But, that doesn’t mean there isn’t time for play and networking – and I’m looking forward to 3 different events, in 3 of my favorite cities in the space of two weeks…

There’s still tickets available for them all I think, and it will be nice to catch up with some of the peeps I see registered on the events, especially some of our dear alumni that are floating about…