Staff at the Centre for Health Psychology:
- Provide Stage 1 and Stage 2 training for health psychologists
- Conduct research focusing on health, illness and the delivery of healthcare
- Translate their research and teaching into best healthcare practice
- Proactively seek to link researchers and practitioners from a variety of fields in the Midlands and North West
- Foster collaborations with national and international researchers
As such we are well-placed to contribute to local, regional, national and international health and wellbeing.
Research: Our research focuses on health related motivation, the impact and experience of long term conditions and psychosocial aspects of care delivery.
Teaching: Our teaching concerns the training of health psychologists. We were the first UK university to run accredited courses in health psychology, the MSc was accredited in 1997 and the Professional Doctorate in 2002. As such, we like to call ourselves the Home of Health Psychology (#HealthPsychStaffs).
Consultancy: We are also involved in consultancy and enterprise work responding to local and national needs. We can conduct needs assessments, service evaluations, systematic reviews and deliver bespoke training packages.
For the latest news about the Centre for Health Psychology at Staffordshire University, please click here to view tweets using the #HealthPsychStaffs hashtag.
Please contact Prof Karen Rodham for more information.
|MSc in Health Psychology||Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology|