The European Commission has launched the second edition of the EU Prize for Women Innovators. The competition is open until 15th October 2013 and aims to raise public awareness about the need for more innovation and more women innovators. It will reward three women who have developed outstanding innovations and brought them to market, with prizes ranging from €25,000 to €100,000.
Any woman innovator complying with the following criteria can apply:
- Resides in an EU Member State or in a country associated to the Research Framework Programme.
- Is a founder or co-founder of an existing and active company.
- Your company must have been registered before 1st January 2011.
- The annual turnover of the company must have been a minimum €100,000 in 2011 or 2012.
- Either you or the company you founded/co-founded have received or is receiving funding from the European Union or the European Atomic Energy Community Research Framework Programme, or from the Competitiveness and Innovation Framework Programme (CIP).
If you would like to participate, please got to the contest website before the 15th October 2013.