Monday 30 June 2014 10:00 – 13:00
Join us for a range of demonstrations and innovations from around the university showcasing technologies to engage learners.
This free event aims to enable colleagues from HE institutions, FE colleges and other staff to share their experiences of using technology to engage learners. The programme will include short, interactive sessions on:
- Using Twitter to actively engage part-time postgraduate students – Katy Vigurs
- Using Qualtrics Polls for Real-Time Feedback in Large Classes
- Using social media and Ning
- Mobile Polling and assessment using Poll Everywhere and Socratic
- A Blended approach to teaching, learning and assessment
- From Content to Community: the Careers Centre’s plans for working smarter with Blackboard
- Online group work, student video presentations and peer reflections in forum
- Posters showing innovative practice from PGCHPE students
- Your Library’14: New & improved resources – Pechakucha style
Click here for the full TEL Showcase Programme
When: Monday 30 June 2014 10:00am – 13:00pm
Where: Alfred Bolton room, Thompson Library, Cadman Building, College Rd, Stoke-on-Trent. See here for maps and directions.
How to book your place:
- Staffordshire University Staff: book via the StaffFest option on MyView
- Others: please email email@example.com with your name, the name of the organisation you work for and your job title. Places are limited and bookings are essential.