Thinking about going into the tourism industry ? Or maybe you work there already but have never had training?
We have a free online tool to help you develop. It was developed by and with the tourism industry – here is the list of topics available:
- Accessibility – what is the scope and potential of this growing market for those with access needs?
- Sustainable Supply Chains – what are the actions needed to get the most from your local supply chain?
- Sustainable Food and drink tourism – how important is food and drink for the tourist offer? and what simple low cost actions can you take
- Social media and marketing – developing your markets and guidance on social media
- Seasonality – developing a plan for seasonality
- Quality – what is service quality and how does it link to the visitor experience?
- Training – planning and thinking about training for staff
- EU Quality Principles – a simple and practical guide to EU Quality principles
- Energy Controls – why you need to control energy
- Interpreting Energy Bills – looking at energy bills and saving money
- Indoor Air Quality – what affects customer comfort in rooms?
Each unit last between 30 mins and 1 hour – a simple test is available at the end of each module.
The tool can be found here smartour.dcnet.eu
and here is some guidance on the registration process to get started. Fill this out correctly and the tool will generate a certificate you can print out (depending on your results).
Project website – http://www.smartourproject.eu/
Facebook page -Sustainable Tourism in Europe https://www.facebook.com/smartourproject