“Towards Green Economy” is a recent report which gives a detailed overview of the key objectives and targets in EU environmental policy and legislation for the period 2010- 2050. It may provide a good reference point for environmentally based research or business support activities colleagues are involved in.
The report covers the following policy areas:
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and ozone-depleting substances
- Air quality and air pollution
- Transport sector emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollutants
- Sustainable consumption and production (SCP)
- Biodiversity and land use
The report identifies over 130 targets, with binding targets in the areas of energy, air pollution, transport emissions and waste.
Further information: http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/an-overview-of-eu-environment