Keywords: continental, european, masters, distance learning, online, MA, PhD, postgraduate, graduate school, doctorate, england, britain, united kingdom
We are a small, research-intensive philosophy department, specializing in modern Continental (European) philosophy. Staffordshire University is a fully accredited part of the United Kingdom higher education system.
- The distance learning Masters in Continental Philosophy (click here for more details). You can start on this course in September or in January.
- A taught Master of Arts (MA) in philosophy under the umbrella of the MA Negotiated Learning. You can start on this course in September or in January.
- We also offer PhD supervision both by attendance and by distance learning (see PhD information page). You can start a research degree at any time of year.
There are only a limited number of places on the doctoral programme, and we particularly welcome applications in the following areas:
- Kant in relation to more recent European thought
- Phenomenology (especially Heidegger) or hermeneutics
- Foucault (archaeology, genealogy, philosophy and history, politics, ethics)
- French epistemology and philosophy of science, including Michel Serres
- Aesthetics (especially visual arts, literature or wine)
- Ethics, politics, and theories of subjectivity.
The Department also has a specialisation in theory/practice PhD projects, where we supervise in conjunction with colleagues from fine art or other practice-based subjects.
You can follow David Webb at academia.edu, where you can also find several of his publications.
(Please note that although Gradschools.com kindly allow us to maintain a listing on their site, we are no longer able to receive enquiries through them. You will have to contact us directly.)