Keywords: philosophy, continental, european, masters, MA, PhD, postgraduate, graduate school, distance learning, online, doctorate, department, england, britain, united kingdom
The Philosophy Department at Staffordshire University is a small, research-intensive department, specializing in modern Continental (European) philosophy. Staffordshire University is a fully accredited part of the United Kingdom higher education system.
- A taught Master of Arts (MA) in philosophy under the umbrella of the MA Negotiated Learning;
- The new distance learning Masters in Continental Philosophy (click on ‘Courses’ above for more details).
- We also offer PhD supervision both by attendance and by distance learning (see PhD fact sheet 23).
There are only a limited number of places on the doctoral programme, and we particularly welcome applications in the following areas:
- Kant in relation to more recent European thought
- Phenomenology (especially Heidegger) or hermeneutics
- Foucault (archaeology, genealogy, philosophy and history, politics, ethics)
- French epistemology and philosophy of science, including Michel Serres
- Ethics, politics, and theories of subjectivity.
The Department also has a specialisation in theory/practice PhD projects, where we supervise in conjunction with colleagues from fine art or other practice-based subjects.
You can follow David Webb at academia.edu, where you can also find several of his publications.