Keywords: philosophy, continental, european, masters, MA, PhD, postgraduate, graduate school, distance learning, online, doctorate, department, england, britain, united kingdom
The Philosophy Department at Staffordshire University is a small, research-intensive department, specializing in modern Continental (European) philosophy. Staffordshire University is a fully accredited part of the United Kingdom higher education system.
Philosophy is staffed by Prof Douglas Burnham and Prof David Webb, who work closely with colleagues from across the humanities and social sciences. The department offers a taught Master of Arts (MA) in philosophy under the umbrella of the MA Negotiated Learning; and the new MA Continental Philosophy by distance learning. We also offer PhD supervision, and particularly welcome applications in the following areas:
- Kant in relation to more recent European thought
- Phenomenology (especially Heidegger) or hermeneutics
- Foucault (archaeology, genealogy, philosophy and history, politics, ethics)
- French epistemology and philosophy of science, including Michel Serres
- Ethics, politics, and theories of subjectivity.
The Department also has a specialisation in theory/practice PhD projects, where we supervise in conjunction with colleagues from fine art or other practice-based subjects.
You can also follow David Webb at academia.edu .