The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council invites applications for access to ARCHER through its resource allocation panel. This provides access to the council’s new national state-of-the-art high-performance computing facility for proposals of high scientific quality that would benefit from ARCHER.
A non-exclusive list of eligible projects include:
- short computational projects that do not warrant a full grant application
- UK led collaborative projects with international or industry partners
- joint applications from students with high-performance computing experience and their principal investigators
- projects that link consecutive standard grant applications or that aid the preparation of a grant or fellowship application
- extended feasibility studies and trialling application developments at scale
Applications should lie primarily within the remit of EPSRC, although proposals in multidisciplinary areas will be accepted. Individuals eligible to hold a full EPSRC grant can apply to the resource allocation panel. Higher education institutions, some research council institutes and independent research organisations are eligible.
Closing date: ARCHER technical assessments due by 4pm, 16 December 2013; applications 4pm, 6 January 2014.
For further information go to: http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/funding/calls/2013/Pages/archerrap.aspx