To support this challenge-led approach EPSRC invites applications for NetworkPlus proposals that seek to establish new research communities around one of the Healthcare Technologies Grand Challenges.
The aims of the NetworkPlus awards are to:
- Bring together experts from across all relevant research areas, with particular focus on those in engineering and physical sciences.
- Bring focus to the relevant challenge area and identify new research strategies and opportunities for addressing the challenge.
- Engage with interested users of research, including business, clinicians, patient groups and policy makers, to shape future research directions.
- Identify and address the barriers to achieving the challenge.
- Initiate preliminary or feasibility research to tackle the challenge.
- To be collaborative rather than competitive in nature and work together where appropriate (e.g. joint events).
Networks are intended to be UK-wide and must have representation from several disciplines and institutions. It is essential that user engagement is considered in the wider network membership. Each proposal must explain the fit to the chosen challenge area and demonstrate evidence of how they will connect with on-going excellent research in the UK to grow and develop the network.
Peer review for this call will consist of a multi-stage process.
Applicants should submit an Intention to Submit by 08 September 2015; those who have not submitted an intention to submit will be ineligible for this call. The closing time and date for full proposals is 16:00 on 06 October 2015.