- Self-study course
- Free of charge
- Material available
What is this course about?
More than half of the total turnover of a modern industrial firm in Europe is directly transferred to suppliers and the bulk of supplies is no longer of domestic origin but European and international. Network economies with a low depth of production and high reliance on international suppliers let firms struggle to cope with the complexity and the new responsibilities. There is no harmonised skill profile and competence set for Purchasing & Supply Management (PSM).
This course arises from the Erasmus+ project “Purchasing Education and Research for European Competence Transfer“ (PERFECT) (www.project-perfect.eu) which develops a harmonised curriculum in PSM and aims at an increase in the number of highly qualified students who are suitable for entering the workplace in PSM related jobs in any size of organization and industrial setting.
What do you learn in this course?
- Identify the basic role, benefits, processes and aspects of a PSM department and a variety of specific job roles.
- Apply a range of purchasing techniques and tools to purchasing activities.
- Describe cross-functional connections between purchasing and other departments, and departments’ connections to external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities and challenges when acting as the interface between internal customer requirements and external supply networks.
- Understand the impact of supplier relationship management on PSM performance and apply collaboration tools.
- Evaluate trends and developments in PSM and interpret their consequences.
How is the course structured?
Over the course, you have the chance to participate in the following sequences on Purchasing & Supply Management (PSM) basics.
- Introduction to project PERFECT
- Definition and Meaning of PSM
- PSM Organisation and Roles
- PSM Processes
- Strategic Procurement
- Offers, negotiations, contracts
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Procurement Technology & Digitalisation
- PSM Controlling
- Risk Management in PSM
Enrol free now: www.oncampus.de/weiterbildung/mooc/perfect?lang=en
The creation of these resources has been (partially) funded by the ERASMUS+ grant program of the European Union
under grant no. 2015-1-DE01-KA203-002174.
Neither the European Commission nor the project‘s national funding agency DAAD are responsible for the content or liable for any losses or damage resulting of the use of these resources.