“A day of celebrating all things Social Enterprise“.
Come along, and you will be getting involved in an exciting day, filled with opportunity, for you and your current or future Social Enterprise.
With a host of stalls, talks, networking opportunities and workshops. There will be the chance to seek advice on everything from starting up a social enterprise, to making it sustainable. The day will be filled inspirational talks from successful social entrepreneurs, you will be able to immerse yourself into the marketplace, where you and other social enterprises will get to show off your business.
The Showcase Event is a chance to bring together people from across Staffordshire, and beyond, who are involved in making Social Enterprises happen.
When: Wednesday, 22 June 2016 from 09:30 to 15:00
Where: LRV and Verve – Staffordshire University Students’ Union, Leek Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 2DF.
Whether you run a Social Enterprise, are looking to promote your business and make new connections, or simply want to pop along to the marketplace for some unique ‘shopping‘, the Showcase Event is open to all.
What’s happening on the day?
Talks from successful social entrepreneurs including:
- Ben Dyer – National Enterprise Challenge.
- Mick Lunt – Kidsgrove Care Solutions (CIC).
- Trevelyan Wright – Bread in Common (B-Arts).
- Brendon Fletcher-Chard – Sherratts Wood.
Master classes throughout the day from industry experts including:
- Social Media Basics & Social Media/Marketing Strategy – Paul Dobson, Staffordshire University.
- Measuring your social value – Nic Gratton.
- Fundraising for Social Enterprise – Nicci Dickins, Profit 4 Purpose.
- Crowdfunding for Social Enterprise – Anne Strachen, Crowdfund UK.
- The Value of Volunteering – Craig Harris, VAST.
- Tendering and Commissioning for Social Enterprise – Sarah Taylor, VAST.
Plus your chance to pitch your idea and project to our ‘Dragons’ for expert feedback and a prize in our Dragons Den Workshop.
- Coaching sessions open all day with coaches and mentors from organisations such as Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce, BES (Business Enterprise Support) and VAST community Accountants (booked on a first come first serve basis).
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided by Social Enterprise businesses.
- Speed Networking sessions in both the morning and afternoon; make over 10 connections quickly and your chance to make an impact.
- Marketplace open all day with interactive stalls from Social Enterprises.
- Demonstrations from Social Enterprises including poetry performances, craft activities, cupcake decorating and smoothie making.
- Talks from Supporters of Social Enterprises including The Big Lottery, Social Enterprise West Midlands and BES.
There are only a few tickets left, book yours now.