JISC are looking to fund projects that will use new technologies to improve the learning experience for students. Following a change to its funding, this is the first call JISC has launched in a long time. The University has had considerable success with JISC funding in the past, and their schemes suit the universities strongly student orientated approach.
Funding Body: JISC
Scheme: Innovation through technology funding call
Overview: Jisc is starting a new million pound funding programme to improve the learner experience and increase the capability and capacity of the workforce across further education and skills providers. Money will be awarded to projects which encourage, support and promote innovation within the sector.
They are looking to fund innovative projects to:
- Integrate new technologies in learning and teaching, assessment and business activities
- Overcome barriers to the adoption and use of technology in the sector
- Develop new uses for technology or innovative adaption and rollout of technologies.
The sorts of things they are looking to fund include:
- Creating resources, tools or products
- Developing organisational and collaborative processes using digital technologies
- Developing apps
- Creating augmented reality resources
- Improving or adapting current technologies and resources (some already available through Jorum)
- Developing new uses for technologies
Budget: £5,000 to £100,000 depending upon the scale of the project and numbers of providers involved in the areas outlined above.
Deadlines: Deadline for submissions is Friday 6 December 2013 at 12:00 noon.
Further Information: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2013/10/innovation-through-technology?utm_medium=email&utm_source=JISC+Executive&utm_campaign=3034256_Funding+call&dm_t=0,0,0,0,0&dm_i=QHI,1T18W,9V9AP9,6GHJG,1
If anyone is interested in applying please talk to either the External Projects Team email@example.com or Dave Parks Associate Director- Learn, Tech & Is D.J.Parkes@staffs.ac.uk