IT as a Utility+ Network
Applications are invited from the IT as a Utility+ Network under the RCUK digital econopmy theme for its secondment project grants. Secondments are for up to six months and are for individuals in academia, industry or policy bodies and should be undertaken in a different professional environment concerned with IT as a utility. The priority areas are:
- usability and user experience
- ethics, education and skills in utility computing environments
- social computing platforms
- smart spaces – the internet of things
- security, trust and governance
- economics and sustainability of services
Applicants must either relocate to a different institution or to a different sector and industry and governmental involvement is strongly encouraged.
Higher education institutions, some research council institutes and independent research organisations are eligible to apply.
Grants are worth up t0 £50,000 for up to six months with £40,000 provided by the network and £10,000 required by the applicant’s own institution.
Closing date 31 Oct 13
For more information go to http://www.itutility.ac.uk/home/