Trentham Gardens and the Monkey Forest!

When it comes to attractions one thing always comes to mind when anyone mentions Stoke: Alton Towers.

Another attraction that doesn’t get nearly as much credit at it deserves is the Monkey Forest in Trentham Gardens. I’ve now been here three times, and have loved it every time!

The first time I went one of my friends had won free tickets to Trentham Gardens, which is amazing by itself.

Fountain at Trentham Gardens in Trentham EstateThey have the fairy trail, the beautiful mile long Trentham Lake, and acres of gardens and woodlands to explore, along with a maze!

The gardens are dog friendly so take a stroll with your pooches through the great scenery, or try your hand at their rock climbing wall.

I can imagine that on a not so sunny day both the Monkey Forest and the Gardens wouldn’t be an idea that was at the top of everyones heads, but that would just mean it would be less busy.

As much as I enjoyed Trentham Gardens the Monkey Forest tops it by far. You can visit the monkey forest by itself of together with the Gardens.

The Monkey Forest is where they let the monkeys roam free in an enclosure which the general public can walk around with the monkeys. You can also see them being fed by the monkey keepers, along with learning more about the monkeys as you go around.

Monkeys from the Trentham Estate Monkey ForestIn my opinion the best time to go is in April, when there are little baby monkeys scampering about, and the years previous babies causing havoc and swinging through the trees. The little ones are adorable, and I have yet to see anything as sweet as a baby monkey being cared for in between its parents!

When you’re done frolicking with the monkeys, and having a nice stroll round the gardens you can also get something to eat in the little shopping plaza outside of the Gardens, or have a look round the shops to see what they have to offer.

If you’re feeling a little more adventurous then you might want to try out the Aerial Extreme, with their new Zip Wire!

Emma

x

Avatar photo
About Emma 34 Articles
Hi, I'm Emma! I graduated from Staffordshire University in July 2016 in Journalism.