7 Cups of Tea

giphy-27

Hey all,

I hope you have been doing well.

It’s coming up to the end of this semester, I am working on my final few assessments of this year and it still amazes me how fast the year goes by. Just earlier this year, I was on my final semester for the first year. I look at my calendar and its now November and I’m close to finish my first semester of the second year. Spooky.

But no, I am here to tell you of a website I discovered very recently entitled ‘7 Cups of Tea’. Now, don’t get me wrong… when I saw this website pop up on Google, I genuinely thought it was an online recipe guide for different cup of teas from across the word (…and for a green tea addict like me, that was like music to my ears).

The truth however was something completely different but equally just as important. 7 Cups of Tea is an online chat room based service, operating 24/7… that connects ‘’…anyone who wants to talk about whatever is on their mind and can quickly reach out to a trained, compassionate listener through our network.’’

Did I mention that it’s also free?

I had a look around the website and I couldn’t believe that this sort of counselling existed online for anyone across the world to access. The way it works is rather ingenious as well…

‘’Connect with a listener by requesting the first available listener, or by selecting a specific listener from our community.

All of our listeners have completed our Active Listening training program, an online course in advanced skills for compassionate communication. The course is designed by our psychologist in residence, Glen Moriarty (who also happens to be our CEO & Founder).

Many of our listeners have joined 7 Cups of Tea because they love to help others and want to do something meaningful in their free time. All our listeners offer their kind ear for free since they understand what it is like to feel alone in distress.’’

It’s also done anonymously, so it protects the user’s privacy when talking to a ‘listener’ and it offers them peace of mind without feeling like they are going to be fully exposed and judged.

I’d like to recommend this to anyone that would want a free counselling session at their fingertips. They also have an app by the same name ‘7 Cups of Tea’ for both iPhone and android based phones, just in case you need someone professional to talk to on the way.

https://www.7cups.com

Peace.

For more student support, see the services available at Staffordshire University: http://www.staffs.ac.uk/study/services/

About Jaz 43 Articles
I’m Jaz! You’ve arrived at my blog about life through a 22-year old’s eyes. I’ve chosen Staffs to take the first steps for my career within the radio industry and hope it will lead me to being a sound designer and produce Radio Dramas/Documentaries for the BBC! I love drinking copious amounts of green tea and watching classic Doctor Who episodes. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because of the amount of banter! Students – listen up - get involved with as much as you can. University tends to flyby when you are having fun.