Rebecca Rushton, MSc in Health Psychology student, reports from the MHPN Conference.

Becky Rushton

Becky Rushton

Becky Rushton, a current MSc student at Staffordshire University’s Centre for Health Psychology, reports on presenting her Dissertation research at the recent Midlands Health Psychology Network Conference held in February 2015.

Presenting a poster at the Midlands Health Psychology Network Conference provided me with the opportunity to discuss the research I am currently conducting for my MSc dissertation under the supervision of Dr Sarah Dean (Title: “Adding Personality to the Theory of Planned Behaviour to Predict Cervical Screening Intentions”). [A copy of Becky’s poster can be downloaded at the bottom of this post]

In the forty five minute session I was able to disseminate my research and gain valuable feedback and views on the topic area from other individuals attending the conference. I was also able to view other research posters gaining an insight into a range of areas in Health Psychology research such as pain communication and acquired brain injury, as well as differing research methodologies.

From the poster presentation I have been able to develop skills of producing and presenting a research poster, both of which are new experiences to me. Although daunting at first, presenting a poster at the MHPN conference was a great experience which I would not hesitate to repeat.

The conference provided those in attendance with knowledge of recent research, a platform to share and discuss research either by an oral or poster presentation and an opportunity for a question and answer session on applying for a PhD in Health Psychology – all in one day! The conference was an interesting and inspiring experience which I would thoroughly recommend attending!

Interested in health psychology? Further information about Staffordshire University’s MSc in Health Psychology can be found here.

R Rushton MHPN Poster (March 15)

Becky’s Poster from the MHPN Conference