This short film talks you through the process of applying for Horizon 2020 funding. Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private investment that this money will attract. It promises more breakthroughs, discoveries and world-firsts by taking great ideas from the lab to the market.
Further details on Horizon 2020 funding: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020
With all the talk about Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020, it is easy to forget that the European Commission is also launching the Creative Europe Programme this January. Creative Europe will provide €1.46 billion over seven years to strengthen Europe’s cultural and creative sectors
What does it support?
- Cross-border cooperation projects between cultural and creative organisations within the EU and beyond.
- Networks helping the cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and to strengthen their competitiveness.
- Translation and promotion of literary works across EU markets.
- Platforms of cultural operators promoting emerging artists and stimulating a truly European programming of cultural and artistic works.
- Capacity building and professional training for audiovisual professionals.
- Development of fiction, animations, creative documentaries and video games for European cinema, television markets and other platforms.
- Distribution and sales of audiovisual works in and outside Europe.
- Film festivals that promote European films.
- Funds for the international co-production of films.
- Audience development to foster film literacy and to raise interest in Europe’s films through a wide range of events
The commission has not yet announced how much match funding will be needed for these project. Traditionally it has been around 50%.
We will keep you up to date as more details come in on this fund.
Find out more http://ec.europa.eu/creative-europe
This fund is not really research, but may be of interest to some of the film and TV production academics as it supports the production of feature films of all genres including documentaries and animation; and TV drama series, serials and one offs with a slot length longer than 30 minutes.
It is specifically focused on productions in the West midlands
Funding Body: Creative England
Scheme: West Midlands Production Fund
Overview: Fund which invests in the production of feature films and high-end TV drama from companies based in the West Midlands as well as from producers looking to establish a base and film in the region.
Budget: They are planning to support between four and five productions over the next 18 months, with investments of up to £500,000 per project.
Deadlines: Open call apply any time
Further Information: http://www.creativeengland.co.uk/index.php/portfolio/film/#production_funding
The Technology Strategy Board is investing up to £15m in projects that stimulate innovation in the UK digital media sector by addressing convergence in digital technologies. This funding opportunity covers film and television, online video, animation and video games (including pre-production, production and post-production processes, particularly in visual effects technologies).
Projects must be business-led but can involve collaboration with Universities. The competition will fund feasibility studies as well as collaborative R&D projects. Projects size is expected to vary according to need, ranging from £300K – £2million for R&D activity of up to 24 months and from £100k to £120k for feasibility studies lasting between six and 12 months.
The competition opens on 23 September 2013. The deadline for registration is 6 November 2013, and the deadline for completed feasibility expressions of interest is noon on 13 November 2013. A briefing event for both strands will take place on 30 September 2013. This event will be filmed and turned into a webinar for applicants to refer to.
For further information click here https://www.innovateuk.org/competition-display-page/-/asset_publisher/RqEt2AKmEBhi/content/cross-platform-production-in-digital-media-collaborative-r-d?p_p_auth=LF3BHyMA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.