With all the talk about Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020, it is easy to forget that the European Commission is also launching the Creative Europe Programme this January. Creative Europe will provide €1.46 billion over seven years to strengthen Europe’s cultural and creative sectors
What does it support?
- Cross-border cooperation projects between cultural and creative organisations within the EU and beyond.
- Networks helping the cultural and creative sectors to operate transnationally and to strengthen their competitiveness.
- Translation and promotion of literary works across EU markets.
- Platforms of cultural operators promoting emerging artists and stimulating a truly European programming of cultural and artistic works.
- Capacity building and professional training for audiovisual professionals.
- Development of fiction, animations, creative documentaries and video games for European cinema, television markets and other platforms.
- Distribution and sales of audiovisual works in and outside Europe.
- Film festivals that promote European films.
- Funds for the international co-production of films.
- Audience development to foster film literacy and to raise interest in Europe’s films through a wide range of events
The commission has not yet announced how much match funding will be needed for these project. Traditionally it has been around 50%.
We will keep you up to date as more details come in on this fund.
Find out more http://ec.europa.eu/creative-europe