PhD By Published Work Workshop
Thursday 20th October, Cadman Conference Room
The PhD by Published Work Workshop is an alternate route to a research degree for people who already have a research career. This workshop will be an introduction to the principles and procedures, and will be of interest to anyone thinking this route might be for them, or know of a research colleague whom the route might benefit. Note also that the PhD by Published work regulations here at the University are scheduled to be reviewed, so we welcome attendees who have experience in this area, and can thus give us feedback that aides the crafting of the new set of regulations.
Please book on Iris if you intend to attend (under events/training) or email email@example.com or simply drop in on the day.
AHRCs Collaborative Skills Development Call is aimed at supporting the development of innovative, collaborative training packages for PhD students and early career researchers in the arts and humanities through a range of interventions:
- Funding of up to £60,000 to offer training and skills development activities to groups of students and Early Career Researchers in several institutions.
- Funds up to £5,000 to support ECRs to establish and run collaborative training and researcher development activities .
- Support for doctoral students to establish and run smaller-scale collaborative activities, with an award limit of £3,000.
Innovative interventions such as internships, competitions, entrepreneurs-in-residence, etc are encouraged. Applications will be eligible from any discipline within AHRC’s remit but should focus on:
- Partnership working including public engagement
- Entrepreneurship and the Creative Economy
- Research Skills Enrichment
The closing date is 19th September 2013, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Further information: http://www.ahrc.ac.uk/Funding-Opportunities/Pages/Collaborative-Skills-Development-Call.aspx?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Association+of+Research+Managers+%26+Administrators&utm_campaign=2890457_July+2013&utm_content=AHRCcall&dm_i=14OU,1PYAH,71UHKB,64BKR,1