World Club Series – The Aussies are coming!

Rugby League World Club Challenge

World Club Challenge Poster

Rugby league, up north one of the big sports, one Leeds is well known for. This coming weekend is one of the biggest in the sports calendar, the three biggest and best teams in the UK go up against the three top teams from Australia. It’s the World Club series, played over three days starting on Friday with St. Helens Vs Sydney city roosters then Saturday with Wigan Warriors Vs Brisbane Broncos and finally culminating on the Sunday with Leeds Rhinos Vs North Queensland Cowboys.

This series is so important because it’s the best vs the best and gives each clubs the ability to have bragging rights and in a way it shows which is the stronger league the Brits or the Australians. The most important game is Sunday’s, Leeds Rhinos last season won everything the Super League, the Challenge Cup and the League Leaders shield they really were an unstoppable force and the ones to beat in the UK and this Sunday gives them the opportunity to become World Club champions!

Leeds Rhinos are my team, they are the team that introduced me to the sport and I’ve followed them ever since I moved to Leeds and last season really was an epic one, it had everything suspense, drama and intensity but by far an emotional one as three of the clubs legends Jamie Peacock, Kevin Sinfield and Kylie leuluai played there last games and went out in fashion! This season however the team are looking to build on the success of the last and this World Club series really would catapult the confidence. Even though I live in Stoke-on-Trent I still travel up every Friday night (the usual night for a game) to watch the Rhinos play because there truly is nothing like the atmosphere at a game it’s addictive! So….

C’mon you RHINOS!!!

About Zach 37 Articles
Hi, I'm Zach - your typical Yorkshire lad. I chose Staffs because of the links to Engineering, and because of Alton Towers (I live and breathe roller-coasters!). I'm also pretty obsessed with sport, and spend my spare time watching football, rugby, F1 and BTCC. My dream career will be to work for Bentley Motors; it combines my love on engineering and cars! I'm most proud of my car, I take so much pride in it!