As a fellow student I know for a fact that majority of us are always tired and don’t always feel like cooking. Takeaways are a much easier solution however for those of us looking to eat healthy and for us “gym heads” we don’t have many other solutions other than to make home-cooked meals so we know exactly what is going into our food so here I am with a quick, easy and yummy curry chicken recipe. I love spice so I do use hot curry powder as well as black pepper but you can alter the recipe to your own taste. Enjoy!
What you will need:
- Chicken breast (cut into pieces)
- Black Pepper
- Curry Powder
- Ball Pepper (I use x1 Red)
- Creamed coconut and or coconut milk
- Marinate your chicken breast with black pepper, garlic, salt and curry powder. Leave overnight if you want extra flavour but I always leave mine to marinate for a couple minutes.
- Cut up your ball pepper, onion and garlic and put in a bowl on the side (you will use this later.)
- Turn your stove on high and add about two tablespoons of oil into a large pot (I use olive oil) and add about a level tablespoon of curry powder to the oil and wait for it to heat up. (Once the curry powder starts to boil it’s hot enough.)
- Add the chicken to the oil and stir constantly to avoid the chicken burning.
- After five minutes, add your bowl of pepper, garlic and onion to the chicken, stir in, add a little bit of water and stir once again then leave to cook.
- Once the water starts to build up and the chicken is almost cooked, add about a 1/4 of the creamed coconut to the curry chicken and or half a can of coconut milk (I use both). Stir in and leave the curry chicken to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with Rice or Roti (A West Indian delicacy)