Food review: The Soup Kitchen

Outside the Soup Kitchen

One of the things in life that makes me happy is good food, so I thought I’d share some of that happiness with you.

I went to the Soup Kitchen here in Stafford for my birthday lunch. I had heard good things about it so I thought that it would be a good idea to give it a go. It is on Church Lane here in Stafford and it’s quite easy to find.

From the outside it’s absolutely beautiful. There’s lots of cobblestones and it looks like a very English place! It’s even more stunning on the inside, with splashes of historic decor.

As mentioned before the menu was filled with traditional English starters, mains, drinks and desserts. My friends and I decided to get a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows and it was really good! For mains, three of us got lasagna (two beef and one vegetarian) and chips, whilst my other friend got a chicken, Staffordshire and mushroom pie. We received our food really quick and it did not disappoint! The portion size was great and the actual food was delicious.

After our very filling main we decided to get dessert: a bakewell tart with custard, a cheesecake, a chocolate fudge cake and an ice cream sundae. The dessert was decent but it wasn’t my favourite dessert in the world.

All in all, I really enjoyed my experience at the Soup Kitchen. The waitresses were really friendly and the actual place had a nice atmosphere. The food as mentioned was really good. The prices were also quite decent. A drink, main and dessert cost me the total of £15.05 which I think is alright. I would definitely recommend checking out the Soup kitchen if you’re in Stafford!

About Annrose 63 Articles
Hi! I'm a 3rd year Midwifery student, and in my spare time you'll usually find me reading, listening to music or buying things I don't need! When I graduate I'm looking forward to becoming a registered as a professional at 21, and making a difference. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because the university is friendly and has a real community feel.