CareersFest!

Hey all,

It’s THAT time again. The nights are drawing in, the weather is becoming chillier and by the end of the month, you’ll be singing along to the lyrics ‘’Holidays are Coming!’’ while mesmerised by that one famous Christmas truck.

However, that’s enough of the festivities for this month. I am here to talk to you about ‘CareersFest’ and the benefits it brings to students that want a head-start in their career.

I luckily managed to get involved this year and had the wonderful opportunity to look around each stall that offered work placements whether part time or full, summer camps, mentoring…  and more. As a student myself, I know how difficult it can be to find a work placement that slotted in nicely with my university hours however that is what CareersFest is for and that is fantastic for students. I believe that if the university is offering you so much support via events like this, then you’d be a fool to miss it out.

I scoured the stalls and managed to sign up to so much that I wouldn’t usually go for. For example, there was an organisation that were looking for students who’d want to help volunteer and mentor 17-18 via group based activities and events. That is really good if you want to develop on your leadership skills, team management skills and most of all your personal skills. On top of that, at another stall there was an organisation that wanted students to go to an American summer camp while getting paid there. At ANOTHER stall I saw a housing company, offering to help students when it comes to buying their first home or finding accommodation after university.cw1d0dqwgaiyabj

On top of these stalls, there were seminar sessions that are taking place throughout the week set up by professional business personas who came in to talk about ways students can develop their social media identity for work purposes, types of freelance work available, and more.

I just today went to a seminar entitled ‘Using Social Media to Promote Yourself’ that was absolutely fantastic as it spoke about how you can maintain a professional social network profile which would impress future employers.

CareersFest is an event which I do believe should NOT be missed out by students as it offers you not just work but also valuable skills which will be with you for a lifetime.

It also makes your CV stand out from the crowd.

Peace.

Discover more about #CareersFest2016 and what’s on: http://www.staffs.ac.uk/careersfest

About Jaz 43 Articles
I’m Jaz! You’ve arrived at my blog about life through a 22-year old’s eyes. I’ve chosen Staffs to take the first steps for my career within the radio industry and hope it will lead me to being a sound designer and produce Radio Dramas/Documentaries for the BBC! I love drinking copious amounts of green tea and watching classic Doctor Who episodes. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because of the amount of banter! Students – listen up - get involved with as much as you can. University tends to flyby when you are having fun.