Top 5 Shows To Watch On Netflix

After you have been spending hours writing your essays and attending your lectures, there’s nothing quite like lying in your bed and binge-watching tv shows. Nowadays there are so many shows to watch so it can be quite overwhelming to choose which one to fully immerse yourself in. So I have taken it upon myself to help you find your next show to binge-watch and ruin your sleeping pattern (and your life…maybe). I have chosen shows that should be enjoyable for everyone and included Rotten Tomatoes’ reviews in order to help you find something new to watch. So read this post and watch these shows at your own risk, they are pretty amazing (and so addictive!)

Stranger Things

Rotten Tomatoes: 95%

If you have not heard about this show then where have you been?! This has been taking the world by storm and is one of the best Netflix-original tv shows i have seen. It is an easy show to get into, as there is currently only one season with 8 episodes. The show is about a young boy from a small town who goes missing, and his mother and his friends go on a thrilling journey to find him. In their quest to find him, they discover some scary things and people…and that is all that I will say. Set during the 80s with an amazing soundtrack too, if you have not watched this yet then you must!

via GIPHY

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

This show, partly written by Tina Fey, is a masterpiece that everyone must watch. It is about a young woman called Kimmy who after 15 years in a cult gets rescued and moves to New York. You follow her journey on adjusting to normal life including having to get a job and making new friends. You fall in love with Kimmy and all the other characters as they are just pure comedy gold. My words do not do this show justice so please just watch it!

Narcos

Rotten Tomatoes: 84%

This is Netflix’ take on the life of Pablo Escobar and the infamous Medellín Cartel in Colombia. It is set from the 1970’s and shows the quest of the American and Colombian government’s attempts to bring Pablo and the Cartel down. The show is mainly in Spanish, but has subtitles. Featuring a lot of violence, illegal activities and tragedy, every episode will keep you on edge.

via GIPHY

Community

Rotten Tomatoes: 86%

This is an older show on Netflix but it is such an easy one to get into. It’s about the lives of a bunch of adults who have created a study group whilst attending community college. Through this, they get up to many adventures including paintball fights, building pillow forts and creating the perfect Breakfast Club homage. Watching this show will make you wish that you were in a community college or that university life was this good!

via GIPHY

Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Rotten Tomatoes: 94%

This is a show about a group of detectives working in the 99th precinct and how they adjust to having a new boss. Jake Peralta, one of the main detectives, and Captain Holt, the new boss, clash a lot causing very funny circumstances. Again, this is an easy show to get into…and Terry Crews is one of the main characters so you should definitely check it out! 

via GIPHY

About Annrose 63 Articles
Hi! I'm a 3rd year Midwifery student, and in my spare time you'll usually find me reading, listening to music or buying things I don't need! When I graduate I'm looking forward to becoming a registered as a professional at 21, and making a difference. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because the university is friendly and has a real community feel.

1 Comment

1. I couldn’t agree with you more! I still need to check out Narcos and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but the others are so good! 🙂