Psychology Technicians from across the UK and Ireland descend on Staffordshire University for the 40th Annual ATSiP Conference

The 3-day Association of Technical Staff in Psychology conference, hosted by Staffordshire University’s Technical Skills Specialists Sarah Higgins and Paul Gallimore, obtained record numbers of attendance and was well received by the delegates. There were a range of talks throughout the conference, ranging from gesture recognition using the Microsoft Kinect to using eye-tracking equipment and the evolving role of the Psychology Technician at universities.

ATSiP June 15 2

Paul and Sarah present ‘The Links between Essential Technical Skills and Core Teaching’, at the 2015 ATSiP Conference, Staffordshire University.

The delegates also had the opportunity to tour around the Psychology facilities within the Science Centre at Staffordshire University, which left many in admiration:

‘we’re very envious of your lovely building and your equipment… certainly something to aspire to’ Julia Mackenzie, University of Hertfordshire.

‘the Staffs department is something to aspire to and a similar level of accessibility of the equipment to the students is something I hope to achieve in the near future’Oliver Clark, Manchester Metropolitan University.

‘You’ve a fine setup, there was a lot of us very jealous’ – Michelle Glasheen, Mary Immaculate College.

Delegates dined locally for their evening meals at the Rare Lounge Bar and Steakhouse and David’s Brassiere which included a visit to the Italian Gardens in the gorgeous sunshine!

ATSiP June 15 3 Group photo

Delegates at the 2015 ATSiP Conference held in Staffordshire University’s Science Centre

The hosts commented ‘the feedback we received from delegates was amazing, everyone was impressed with the laboratories and equipment we had to offer and how they were integrated within student learning’Paul Gallimore.

It has been a privilege to host the 40th annual conference. We are so grateful for the sharing of best practices and the valuable feedback in relation to the technical provision we currently provide’ Sarah Higgins.

12 thoughts on “Psychology Technicians from across the UK and Ireland descend on Staffordshire University for the 40th Annual ATSiP Conference

1. Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re
    using? I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m
    having a tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

2. Asking questions are truly fastidious thing if you
    are not understanding something fully, except this
    piece of writing presents good understanding even.

3. Nice post. I used to be checking continuously this
    blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful information particularly the closing phase 🙂 I handle such
    information a lot. I used to be seeking this particular information for a
    long time. Thank you and best of luck.

4. Please let me know if you’re looking for a author for your weblog.

You have some really good articles and I feel I would be a
    good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely
    love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a
    link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested.
    Cheers!

5. Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too.
    This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the fantastic works guys I’ve added
    you guys to my personal blogroll.

6. My programmer is trying to convince me to move to .net
    from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about a year
    and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

7. Great work! That is the type of info that are supposed to be shared around the net.
    Disgrace on the search engines for no longer positioning this publish higher!
    Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)

8. Wonderful work! That is the type of information that should be
    shared across the internet. Shame on Google for not positioning this post upper!
    Come on over and talk over with my website .
    Thank you =)

9. Aw, this was a very nice post. Finding the time and actual effort to generate a very good article…
    but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and never manage to get anything done.